Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fortaleza, I am coming for you!

Or rather, San Francisco, Toronto, São Paulo, and Fortaleza, I am coming for you in that order over a 23-hour period, 17 hours and 55 minutes of which will be actual flight time.

I may have described already to some of you how the terror had gone away for the time being, and would probably return at some really inopportune time. In case anyone was wondering, it has returned, and it's thriving. I think the catalyst was the realization that I had not only forgotten to buy chlorine or iodine tablets and insect repellent, but was unable to find the travel alarm clock that I had previously convinced myself was hiding somewhere in my room, and upon further reflection realized that I had, in fact, tossed it when we moved. This then led to the realization that at this point I can only produce about two words of Portuguese strung together, and that this is only really helpful when I actually know the two words I'm trying to use, which is unlikely. Fabulous.

But anyway, I'll be arriving in Fortaleza at 5:25 PM, BRT. See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment