Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Strugglin'.

I went to the LAN house near Cleide’s house on my way home today, and when I got back I got into a conversation with Melissa and Glaisa. It was nice. I like Melissa a lot, but I’m not sure where Glaisa gets her shenanigans because Melissa is so not crazy. Anyway I was kind of torn up from being on the Internet, which always seems to do me in, and she asked something about my mom and I immediately lost it. She received it very well, by verbally acknowledging my emotions and then continuing our conversation without making a big deal about it. It was less about just missing my mom (although I do miss you, Mom) and more about culture shock, but it’s nice that missing one’s mother is something that seems to transcend these particular cultural boundaries.

As a side note, I’ve been continuing my history of watching things Bill is in without realizing it. Breaking Bad, episode 5, there he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment